Belvedere Workhouse

Several old buildings can still be found dotted around the present day Queen’s Hospital campass. Built in the early 1880s, they are in fact surviving remnants of the Belvedere Workhouse which occupied the site (functioning as such until 1930) before it was handed over to the National Health Service for the building of the new District Hospital in 1948.

Select page to view:


Website by Kevin Gallagher